Author: Kelly Stephan | Stephan Law Firm
Staying in the same home as your soon to be ex-spouse can be emotionally draining and sometimes downright dangerous. Deciding whether or not to stay can be extremely difficult, but it is important to know what the repercussions of the decision could be. Below is our advice to help you make the choice that is best for you and your family:
- You want to be awarded the house
- You have concerns that by leaving the home you will not be allowed time with the children or it will place the children in a tug-of-war situation
- You financially cannot afford to leave
- You are the victim of domestic violence or are concerned about your safety
- You don’t want to be awarded the home
Decide what your ultimate goals are and make educated decisions that will help you reach them. A qualified attorney can help you understand the benefits and potential risks that are involved in difficult decisions like these and help you navigate divorce proceedings. If you are looking for a divorce attorney in the Alton, Edwardsville and surrounding areas, contact Stephan Law Firm today.